Friday, 28 November 2014

CBI may file FIR against Badaun girls’ family.........

BAREILLY: A day after Central Bureau of Investigation claimed to have solved the sensation Badaun case, ruling out rape of the two teenaged girls found hanging from a mango tree on May 27, and maintaining that they were not murdered, reliable sources have revealed the probe agency would soon lodge an FIR against the victims' family for falsely implicating the three Yadav brothers and two constables.

Filing a false police complaint is a criminal offence punishable with a jail term under sections 182 and 111 of the Indian Penal Code.

The victims' kin had filed an FIR, accusing three brothers Pappu, Awadesh and Urvesh Yadav and constables Sarvesh Yadav and Chhatrapal Gangwar. The local court had granted bail to all five accused in the case in September when CBI did not frame charges against them in 90 days.

Sources told TOI: "At the time of incident, the family did not know that the girls had committed suicide, but they were aware that the five persons named by them in the FIR were innocent. The girls' family members had rewritten the content of police complaint three times before submitting the final version to Badaun police. In their first draft, the family had also accused Pappu's father, who is in his sixties, of kidnapping and gangraping the girls. When villagers told them that nobody would believe that an old man along with his three sons committed the gruesome crime, the family removed the name of father from their police complaint."

Earlier on Thursday, the CBI had concluded on the basis of field investigations, forensic reports, the medical board's opinion and its assumptions that the two girls had committed suicide out of shame.

On the basis of assumptions drawn from circumstantial and scientific evidence, the CBI had asserted that the girls probably fearing social stigma after their uncle caught them with a boy— while one of them was about to have sex with him —decided to kill themselves. The agency claimed that investigation revealed there was an affair between the elder sister and the boy, Pappu Yadav, for over six months before the deaths while the younger girl was facilitating it. There were around 400 calls between Pappu and them.

Giving details of how the victims' family deliberately implicated all the five accused, sources said, "When the family went to the local police station around 2 am, the constables there asked them why they took so long to come to cops for help when they had learnt that the girls had gone missing around 8 pm and Nazru had seen them with Pappu. The constables' question unsettled them and they later included the names of these constables in the FIR too, accusing them of rape and murder."

"CBI believes that the family of victims had deliberately filed a false complaint to implicate five persons in the case. The family hid facts to frame these five persons and misled the agency," they said.

Sources also said that the family did not cooperate with the agency during the investigation. For example, when the agency enquired them about the mobile phone of one of the victims, the family members said she did not have a phone. However, the agency later recovered a mobile phone broken into more than 20 pieces from the house of the elder sister's maternal uncle in Nabiganj village, 15 km away from their native Katra Shahdatganj.

The agency would submit closure report in the court by next week.

When contacted, the victims' kin reiterated that all five persons named by them in FIR had raped and killed the girls and they did not believe the agency's suicide theory.

Awadesh Yadav, who spent three-and-a-half months in jail and was earlier an accused in the case, said, "We had faith in God and knew that truth would eventually come out."